• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I've Been Thinking of Starting Programming
Anyone have experience or can share insight into how I can get started?

My ultimate goal is to create games and applications for mobile devices. Any help is much appreciated :)
[Image: 58f15c16f0f0bfeb606c201db5130804.gif]
Best languages to start with are Java, C , ++, #. With apps you need to figure out the pros and cons between cross platform app design and make a decision on what side you will target. Apple, Android or both.
Good Luck with that ambition something good for the future pajama :D

This is me creating a program recently

[Image: giphy.gif]
(10-24-2016, 09:09 AM)[NF]Drunkdriver Wrote: Good Luck with that ambition something good for the future pajama :D

This is me creating a program recently

Love it, where can I get a copy?
Cool Programming is hard for me :(
Good Luck with your goal!
[Image: 3dd6af43c4918df501b381673333b42e279574cd_hq.gif]
(10-24-2016, 02:34 AM)pajama Wrote: Anyone have experience or can share insight into how I can get started?

My ultimate goal is to create games and applications for mobile devices. Any help is much appreciated :)

Nodds actually programs, so go by his advice.

I program too (although I have yet to make my game).
I first learned C++ because it is a very solid base language. A lot of languages are based off C and C++ (similar, C is harder and older).

After it started to get a lot more complex, I sort of stopped, but it helped me learn the foundations for coding....
for mobile games I would go with something like Java or Python. I personally use GML, which is for GameMaker.

I only use GML because, although most people say it sucks, GameMaker Studio is awesome. Very simple, you can use drag and drop or code (I only use code). Simple interface for 2D games and easy to learn.
GameMaker also exports to every platform (for a cost, which I got VERY cheap). The free version exports to windows for free though.

C++ needs to be coded together with DirectX or OpenGL, so its a lot more complex. But it is fun for cool console games such as text based games. These types of games are fun, you can make stories and more.

Another good language to learn early is Visual Basic. This is a very easy program to learn, the basics anyway. I learnt it at school. Although not used in games, but windows, it is very useful. It allows you to play with visual windows, and it is possible to make games out of it... although they won't be too good looking, the work in the backgrounds are good as.

Hope all this information helps, PM me if you have any questions, I would be happy to answer.
[Image: C19CXy1.png]
(10-24-2016, 02:34 AM)pajama Wrote: Anyone have experience or can share insight into how I can get started?

if you have an a smartphone try using solo learn they got a whole course on java , python ,html5, and c++. there are also some free websites you can go onto to write code http://www.programmingbasics.org/en/beginner/while.html that website helped me out at anyway have fun it. btw html is the easiest mostly for websites and java is pretty much the best for cross platforming.
some game engines you may like :unity {free} game salad {paid but you get a 4 day trail} there are a lot of others but i forgot them good luck tho.
[Image: 0.jpg]
There are lots of languages with many advantages/disadvantages and different purposes.

In my case I have made several mobile apps for university and various companies, mainly natively using Swift for iOS and Java for Android. I think e some understanding of object-oriented programming helps using these languages, but you could definitely make some good games by following some online tutorials, and learn by doing that.
[Image: mrvift.png]
I have a ton of Ebooks on game coding, just hit me up if you want a copy
w3school heh